Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Not really sure where to start but I suppose I should just dive in and hope this all makes some sort of sense...

I had every good intention of really getting this blog going again at the beginning of this year with that last post of mine. I really did I swear. So much has happened this year and so much has changed that I don't even really know which end is up anymore. I know one thing for sure though, I really do want to get this blog going again as a place for me to post my thoughts, ideas, adventures about this industry that I am in.

Reading back through all of my posts (we're talking all the way back to 2008 when I first started my adventure) I can see my enthusiasm and my love creating art but over the last few years I can clearly see a change in my work and my approach to things... I'm not really sure what happened but I have been doing a lot of soul searching and I think things started to shift somewhere in 2011. I had a lot of things happen to me (not all of which were nice) in 2011 but I still can't really pinpoint what exactly it was that changed me.

I try to complete one Moleskine sketchbook per year and looking back at all the ones I've completed over the years, it very clearly shows me that something happened between 2009-2011. Even the quality of my line changes. It's really weird to be honest and a little freaky. I know we all change as we age and that sort of thing, but this is a bit different. It's like my confidence in my work was shot straight out the window. Hm...

Anyway, I'm not going to go into all the details now, but it's definitely something that's been on my mind as this year comes to an end.

So I'm thinking of getting this blog going again as a place to talk about the industry, share some stories, ideas, thoughts like this one and that sort of thing. Art might appear here on occasion too, but I will likely keep that for places like my Tumblr, Instagram and deviantART pages instead. I don't really like having to post the same piece of art to 10,000 different social media platforms. Tumblr/Instagram is mostly work in progress/sketches and deviantART is more for finished pieces. Anything I am really happy with goes on my website. Hope that makes sense hehe, the links are all on the right if you want to check any of that out.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Cheers!

Current Mood: Contemplative!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your back.
    Life is full of lessons, good and bad, it's what this journey is made of. Look forward to the possibilities that await, find strength and courage in them and keep the momentum going.

    We can easily get stuck in the ruts of life, spending too much time in contemplation, regret, and worry, while letting precious moments drift past us; moments we could and should fill with our passions and joys.

    Welcome back, enjoy filling this blog with the things that inspire and motivate you. Share your journey, the good, the bad, and even the ugly... within it all you'll find life really does shine. It just does. After every good rain, the sky gives back the blue, the sun, the warmth. Dance in the rain, smile into the night sky and wish upon a star.
    Dream it, live it, share it. What goes around comes around.

    With smiles, from your biggest fan. xxoo

    ReplyDelete